Tuesday 14 October 2014

MY MAIDEN VOYAGE TO NORTH INDIA – PART II


Nothing can disturb my slumber, never again! Except the fact that in case I didn't get down at Jhansi station because I overslept forgetfully. Alas! But these groundless questions had nothing to do with my sleep, since I had confirmed it the previous day more than thrice I could remember like the rhyme learnt by an LKG kid. The response from the TTR added music to my ear, “Day after tomorrow”. It’s confirmed and I don’t have to panic for the next 24 hours and so I slept serenely.
It was dawn and I know it for sure due to the constant rooster alarm by the pantry workers bellowing, ‘Garam Chaay’, ‘Vadaa’, ‘Samosa’ etc early in the morning. It was irritating in the beginning, but later my inquisitiveness made me to open my eyes, just to ensure what’s happening around. Everything seems to be usual- Same People! Same luggage and it’s still there safe and sound. What more valuable reasons do you need to sleep once again, and I did sleep indeed!

I woke up finally to say my first Good Morning to the angry Mr. Good Afternoon and had my wash without delay. I somehow managed to kill the time till the sunset which I don’t remember how? And there was evening and there was morning, and the day was over.
After spending my whole lazy day by a lazy me in a lazy way, I wished my evening would go in the similar style. But it wasn't the same from the instant; I heard that weird noise from a distance. A noise that carried by a gentle wind; a noise that passed through the sweating passengers. It was strangely familiar. The men around me hurried themselves up to the washrooms and vanished in no time. There was absolute peace. The noise became a sound; it turned out to be a call; it gradually transformed to a clap and my eyes were keenly following the access that connects my bogie and in a fraction of a second, they appeared – a half a dozen transgender!
Transgenders – not like what I have seen in a telly. They are huge, gigantic and muscular. A mistaken slap would make you lose your grinding tooth forever and their masculine voice carried themselves more majestic. I realized I was the next target. I did nothing. I spoke nothing. One of them came right in front of me, pinched my cheek and asked something to me. I immediately shrugged my shoulders innocently. The one behind her intruded me asking, “Madarasi?” I nodded my head saying, ‘yes’. They cracked a joke about me and giggled and passed, and the poor me couldn't understand that even. I leave it to your imagination but do remember, I was the only boy in the train who was spared. Their approach was little harsh and sometimes brutal. As an adolescent, I couldn't understand the psychology behind the transgender.
Having seen it all and knowing from the TTR once again that the train will reach Jhansi Junction exactly at 03:45 a.m. “Are you kidding me”, I said to myself. “That’s the only time any passenger would never ever like to reach their destination and for me, my maiden voyage. Wonderful! Thank you Lord! If I sleep, I am pretty sure without a third umpire’s call that I would miss my station. If I don’t sleep, I would sleep somehow in between. Hence, I decide to wait for an idea and it’s already quarter past nine and I am not confident whether my higgledy-piggledy mind could find a solution. It was already 10 pm and the whole compartment had already put off the lights and fast asleep. Mr. Sleep was waiting eagerly to conjure me, but I wasn't a coward to give up like that. I went again and splashed some water to those tiring eyes and turned on my backup power generators of my body to keep me alive. I was about to return to my berth, it happened.
I saw an army soldier with a military uniform and a gun at the other end of the compartment. I could see him clearly since the light is only at the end of the compartment. In no time, the green uniformed guy said something to the passing transgender. It started as a conversation and slowly constructed into an argument. Something flashed my mind then: “I remember her. She was the one who pinched my cheek”. In a flash, the transgender started to curse the armed man, and he instead slapped her and to the shock of my life, HE KICKED HER OUT OF THE FAST MOVING TRAIN!!! Oh! My God! I heard her last deadly cry when she was thrown out like a crushed bottle. The mark she has left on my cheek hasn't disappeared yet. My first close encounter with a transgender became her last.
There was complete silence. Everyone was sleeping; everything seems to be normal except me. I stood still. I couldn't move a muscle. My heart started beating faster and I could feel my blood moving much quicker than usual. My throat was parched and my legs started shivering. Thousands of questions continuously echoed into my head and how would one feel not knowing a single answer till now and none to ask. My only hope and prayer was she should be alive and healthy. My maiden voyage to North India was welcomed with a brutal incident to remember everlastingly. I continue searching the never forgetful image in every train, in every place to wherever I travel and my maiden voyage to North India is yet to complete.

THE ENDLESS…
About Unknown

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Believe Become Begin...

© [Leo Joseph] , [2016]. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About me

Story teller. Literature Lover. An expert in the art of Pretending. 'Youthoholic'- "You are Young, that's enough for me to love you" Unpredictable in nature, Cheerful, humourous, Loveable, At times extremely dangerous. A witty fool, sometimes a foolish wit too!

Follow us on facebook

Instagram

Followers

Contact Us

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Search This Blog

Menu

Author